Waffle Iron Eggplant Parmesan is one of those dishes that you can make with a lot of different variations. You can use sliced eggplant, cut into cubes and fried like French fries, or you can use whole eggplant slices and bake them in the oven.
Here is how to make it.
This recipe uses a waffle iron to make individual servings of eggplant parmesan that are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and full of flavor. The waffle iron makes it easy to cook multiple servings at once, so you can feed your family or friends without any fuss.
Waffle Iron Eggplant Parmesan [Quick Recipe]
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 3/4-inch slices
- Salad dressing (half olive oil, half vinegar)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the waffle maker to medium heat.
- Apply cooking spray.
- Salad dressing on both sides of the eggplant
- In a shallow pan combine panko and cheese.
- Coat eggplant on both sides with crumbs mixture
- Adhere by pressing town.
- Put the eggplant in the bottom of the waffle maker.
- Press down to close.
- Cook until golden brown for 4 minutes.
- Add to the plate to keep warm, and cover the tent with foil.
- Repeat with the other eggplants
- 1 Tablespoon sauce on each slice of eggplant sprinkled with salt, pepper, basil chopped, and additional cheese.
Serving Suggestions for Waffle Iron Eggplant Parmesan
When it comes to serving waffle iron eggplant parmesan, plenty of options will complement its delicious flavors.
Here are some serving suggestions to consider:
- Side Dishes: Consider pairing your waffle iron eggplant parmesan with a side of garlic bread or a fresh green salad with a simple vinaigrette. Roasted vegetables, such as bell peppers or zucchini, are a great accompaniment to this dish.
- Presentation: To make your dish look extra special, try garnishing it with fresh basil or parsley leaves, which add a pop of color and a burst of flavor. Additionally, drizzling some balsamic glaze or olive oil on top of the eggplant parmesan can elevate the presentation and add some tanginess.
- Other Serving Ideas: Another fun way to serve waffle iron eggplant parmesan is to cut it into small squares or circles and serve them as appetizers. To add variety to your meal, you can also experiment with different sauces, such as marinara, pesto, or even a spicy arrabbiata sauce.
By pairing your waffle iron eggplant parmesan with some tasty side dishes and adding a few finishing touches, you can create a beautiful and delicious meal that everyone will love.
Keto Eggplant Parmesan Recipes
- To prepare a delicious sandwich with fresh mozzarella and pesto, use the crispy-coated, gluten-free eggplant Parmesan discs instead of bread.
- Cut the eggplant slices into quarters and serve with a wonderful Italian dip instead of chips or bread.
- To add a low-calorie crunch to a light salad, cut it into crouton-sized bits.
Other Recipes for Healthy Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Another method for making a healthier version of conventional eggplant parmesan is to bake it. Check out some of my blogging friends’ other delicious recipes:
An Italian in my Kitchen’s Baked Eggplant Parmesan. Grilled slices of fresh eggplant are piled and baked in a baking dish, giving you all of the flavour of traditional eggplant parmesan with less trouble and fewer calories.
The Rustic Foodie’s Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Fries have all the flavour of eggplant parm in a fun snack shape!
Healthy Crispy Baked Eggplant Parmesan Stacks from Walking on Sunshine Recipes offer a terrific technique for preparing breaded eggplant slices in the oven. You will adore the completed meal’s beautiful, stacked, stacked aesthetic. Healthy, tasty, and lovely!
The eggplants are first lightly fried for texture, then topped with a tasty marinara sauce, and put in the oven to soften. All of this combination makes some bite-sized gems that go well with just about anything. Whether you need an appetizer or simply a new addition to your current diet plan, these waffle iron eggplant Parmesan take no time to make, and they taste delicious!
Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker