If you run a small bakery and want to increase sales, one solution would be to develop a specialty cupcake with a large following. If you love chicken and waffles cupcakes, this blog post is for you.
The recipe below will instruct you on making chicken and waffle cupcakes that are both sweet and savory.
Quick Recipe For Making Chicken And Waffle Cupcakes
Recipe Card for Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Half a cup of rice flour
- 1/4 cup brewer’s yeast (available in grocery stores with protein powders)
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- Third cup of beef broth
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp bacon crumbles
- 2 teaspoons grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. peanut butter powder
- 3 tbsp carob chips, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix the flour, brewer’s yeast, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the beef broth and the egg. Stir in the dry ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Add rolled oats and any additional ingredients of your choice.
- Scoop the mixture and roll it into balls (15 ml. scoop or 1 tablespoon).
- 12 minutes in an electric waffle maker. They should be dry and thick.
- For 15-20 minutes, uses an electric mini-donut maker or an electric grill. (Alternatively, flatten and bake at 350°F.)
- Once done, place it in the refrigerator.
- Use a toothpick, skew together a mini waffle and a piece of chicken, and place them on top of your iced cupcake.
Why Do Chicken And Waffles Go Together?
Chicken and waffles are two of the most popular foods in America today. They’re both delicious, filling, and easy to make. They pair well together because they both have rich flavors that complement each other well.
Chicken is one of the most popular meats in America today due to its high protein and low-fat content. It’s also very versatile in cooking methods and tastes great with just about any seasoning or sauce (like BBQ). Waffles are a breakfast staple in many households around the country because they’re easy to make and taste great with just about anything! You can eat them plain or add some sugar or syrup if you want something sweet but not too sweet.
Chicken and waffles is a classic combination that’s been around for a while. It was first served in Harlem at Wells Supper Club, a restaurant owned by the Waffle House founder Joe Rogers Sr., back in the 1930s.
The rest of America caught on to this delicious pairing in the early 2000s when it became popularized by famous chefs like Marcus Samuelsson and David Chang. The dish has since become so popular that even fast-food chains like Shake Shack have hopped on board.
Variations on Chicken And Waffle Cupcakes
Chicken and waffle cupcakes are a delicious and unique twist on a classic breakfast dish. While the traditional recipe calls for fried chicken and syrup, there are many variations and ways to customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences.
Here are some variations on chicken and waffle cupcakes to try:
Different Flavors and Toppings to Try
- Spicy: Add hot sauce or cayenne pepper to the chicken batter for a kick of heat.
- Sweet: Top the cupcakes with fresh fruit or drizzle them with honey or maple syrup for a sweeter twist.
- Savory: Add cheese, bacon, or herbs like rosemary or thyme to the batter for a savory flavor.
- Vegetarian: Use a vegetarian chicken substitute or replace the chicken with a vegetable like roasted mushrooms or sweet potato.
Ways to Make the Recipe Healthier or More Indulgent
- Healthier: Use whole wheat flour or almond flour instead of all-purpose flour, bake the cupcakes instead of frying, and use skinless chicken breasts for a lower-fat option.
- More indulgent: Add a layer of mac and cheese or mashed potatoes to the cupcakes, or top them with bacon or gravy for a more indulgent version.
Creative Twists on the Classic Chicken and Waffle Cupcake
- Waffle Cone Cupcakes: Fill waffle cones with chicken tenders and waffle pieces for a portable and fun twist on the classic recipe.
- Chicken and Waffle Sandwich: Use waffles as the bread and fill them with fried chicken and your favorite sandwich toppings.
- Mini Chicken and Waffle Skewers: Thread small waffle pieces and chicken nuggets onto skewers for a bite-sized version of the classic dish.
Whether you prefer spicy or sweet flavors, want to make the recipe healthier or more indulgent, or are looking for a creative twist on the classic dish, there are endless possibilities for variations on chicken and waffle cupcakes.
Chicken And Waffle Cupcake Serving Suggestions
Chicken and waffle cupcakes are a delicious and unique breakfast or brunch dish that can be served in many ways.
Here are some serving suggestions for pairing chicken and waffle cupcakes with other breakfast foods, serving them at a party or brunch, and suggesting drinks to serve alongside.
Ideas for Pairing Chicken and Waffle Cupcakes with Other Breakfast Foods
- Fruit salad: Serve chicken and waffle cupcakes with a side of fresh fruit salad for a refreshing contrast to the savory dish.
- Scrambled eggs: Add scrambled eggs to the plate for a protein-packed breakfast that pairs well with the savory chicken and waffles.
- Bacon or sausage: Add a side of bacon or sausage for a classic breakfast pairing with the chicken and waffle cupcakes.
- Hash browns: Serve the chicken and waffle cupcakes with crispy hash browns for a satisfying breakfast or brunch dish.
Tips for Serving Chicken and Waffle Cupcakes at Brunch or a Party
- Serve buffet-style: Arrange the chicken and waffle cupcakes on a platter and let guests serve themselves at a brunch or party.
- Display creatively: Use a tiered stand or cake plates to display the cupcakes for an elegant presentation.
- Pre-portion the cupcakes: To make serving easier, pre-portion the cupcakes into individual servings and serve them on small plates or napkins.
Suggestions for Drinks to Serve with Chicken and Waffle Cupcakes
- Mimosas: A classic brunch cocktail that pairs well with the sweet and savory flavors of the chicken and waffles.
- Coffee or tea: A hot cup of coffee or tea is a classic pairing with breakfast foods and pairs well with the rich and savory flavors of the chicken and waffle cupcakes.
- Orange juice: A refreshing glass of orange juice is a great way to balance the savory flavors of the chicken and waffles with a sweet and citrusy drink.
By pairing them with other breakfast foods, creatively displaying them at a party, and serving complimentary drinks alongside, you can make the dish even more enjoyable for your guests
In terms of taste, these cupcakes have all the qualities of chicken and waffles without actually being fried or deep-fried. They’re delicious on their own as well as with some syrup poured over top!
Best Thin Waffle Maker | Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker