Red Velvet Waffles with Chicken are a savoury-sweet blend of fluffy and sweet waffles and wonderfully seasoned fried chicken. A delectable treat to round off your breakfast, brunch, or any meal! They are, nevertheless, a unique mix. There’s no need to dive into why this dynamic combination works; accept it! If you haven’t tried it yet, please do so right away!
That crunchy fried chicken and fluffy waffle have something unique about them. Add some sweetness from the syrup, and you’ve got a match made in heaven.
Red velvet anything is traditionally made with chocolate flavoring and red food coloring. It may appear strange, but the red hue of the chocolate cake, or in this instance, waffle, evokes a sense of romance or nostalgia.
Fried Chicken & Red Velvet Waffles [Ingredients]
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- cayenne pepper, 3/4 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- a quarter teaspoon of cumin
- smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon
- a half teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-quart buttermilk
Flour Mixture With Seasonings
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- a half teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Waffles with Red Velvet Filling
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, organic
- 1 tbsp baking powder plus 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled butter
- 2 organic big brown eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic white vinegar, distilled
- 2 tsp red gel food colouring
Syrup With Spicy Butter Pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 2 cups sugar (organic evaporated cane juice)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- cayenne pepper, 1/8 teaspoon
- a quarter teaspoon of chipotle powder
Now that you have all the ingredients, please carefully follow the instructions/directions below to perfectly execute red velvet waffles and chicken.
Fried Chicken & Red Velvet Waffles [Instructions]
Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- In a large mixing basin, combine the chicken tenders, spices, and buttermilk. Massage the marinade into the chicken and refrigerate the covered bowl for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. After the chicken has marinated, take the bowl from the fridge and let it aside for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Combine the flour and spices in a resealable bag. Mix everything. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then return it to the marinade. Finally, coat the chicken in flour and place it on a rack to allow the crust to stick to the bird. Heat 2-3 inches of oil over medium-high heat in a big cast iron skillet.
- Finally, coat the chicken in flour again and place it on a rack to allow the crust to stick to the chicken. In a large cast iron skillet, heat 2-3 inches of oil over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350°F. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Put over a sheet pan on a wire rack and drain the chicken.
Red Velvet Waffles
- To make the Red Velvet Waffles, whisk together the unbleached all-purpose flour, organic whole white wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Thoroughly combine the melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla essence, and white vinegar in a separate basin.
- Whisk the gel food coloring into the buttermilk mixture with care. Then, stir the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients until smooth and well combined. Allow the batter to rest for at least 10 minutes to allow the wheat flour to hydrate.
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions for heating your waffle iron. After spraying the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, add roughly 1 cup of batter. Close the iron and cook the waffle for at least 3 minutes, until the outside is dry and somewhat crispy. Place the waffles on a wire rack over a sheet pan to prevent them from becoming soggy. Repeat until the batter has been used up.
Syrup Spicy Butter Pecan
- Boil the water and evaporated cane juice (sugar) in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the toasted and chopped pecans to the syrup. Simmer for around 10 minutes on low heat.
- Whisk in the butter, bourbon, cayenne pepper, and chipotle powder after removing the skillet from the heat. Serve with the chicken and waffles.
Red Velvet Waffle Recipe With Pancake Mix
We’ve got the perfect one for you if you’re looking for a tried and true red velvet waffle recipe. Here’s how to make red velvet waffle batter with pancake mix!
- Mix 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon baking powder in a mixing bowl. If using cake mix instead of pancake mix, add 3 tablespoons oil instead of 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- Beat together 2 eggs and 1 cup milk (or buttermilk). Add to dry ingredients along with ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅓ cup sugar; if using cake mix instead of pancake mix, use ½ cup sugar instead of ⅓ cup.
- Mix until smooth; if necessary, add more milk until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour batter into a greased waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be careful not to overfill your iron; if it is too full, your waffles will be thinner than desired (which isn’t necessarily bad).
Red Velvet Waffles With Cake Mix
This red velvet waffle recipe is simple to make and perfect for any occasion (or no occasion), especially with cake mix. You’ll love how quick and easy it is to whip up these treats!
Waffles With Cake Mix [Quick Recipe]
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter (if using a store-bought mix)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Heat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cook waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream!
Red Velvet Chicken And Waffles Las Vegas
Red velvet chicken and waffles in Las Vegas is a must-try dish. If you’re looking for the best places to get red velvet chicken and waffles in Las Vegas, look no further than these restaurants:
- Red velvet chicken and waffles at Le Cirque
- Red velvet chicken and waffles at STK
- Red velvet chicken and waffles at Craftsteak
Cook Red Velvet Waffles [Recipe]
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the sugar and cook until the mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- When bubbling begins appearing at the pan’s edges, and you see a color change, remove from heat immediately and pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in milk until combined. Cool slightly before adding an egg beaten with 2 tablespoons of water or orange juice (this will help prevent curdling).
- Whisk gently until blended, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight if possible so that your batter gets nice and thick!
Red Velvet Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions, then spray it liberally with nonstick spray.
- Pour about 2 heaping tablespoons of batter onto each section; spread it out evenly using an offset spatula if needed but don’t worry too much about making them perfect because they will still be delicious even if they are imperfectly shaped!
If you’re looking for a unique breakfast dish that will impress your friends and family, look no further than red velvet waffles. They have all the delicious flavors of red velvet cake but in an easy-to-eat waffle form. The sweet cream cheese frosting on top is delicious, too! You can also try adding some berries or nuts to make it even more special.
Cuisinart WMR-CA Waffle Maker