Are you looking for the most delicious waffle fry slider recipe ever? It’s no secret that the waffle fry slider is one of the most popular dishes in fast food history.
The crispy waffle fries, juicy chicken, and mouth-watering sauce are a winning combination that will leave you wanting more. So how do you make them at home?
It all starts with getting your ingredients ready and preparing your workspace for cooking. From there, it’s just about adding some creativity to your recipe, so you can impress friends and family alike!
A Quick Recipe For Making Waffle Fry Sliders
- 1 (22-ounce) bag of frozen waffle fries
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 slices cheddar, quartered into small squares
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Bread and butter pickles for serving
- Lettuce, for serving
- Bake 16 large, round waffles according to package directions to serve as buns.
- Stir With a wooden spoon, combine ground beef, yellow mustard, garlic powder, and onion in a medium mixing basin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and gently mix to blend.
- Make 8 tiny patties out of the mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until the bottoms develop a charred crust.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side, then top with cheese slices.
- Cook, covered with a big lid until the cheese melts.
Why are Waffle Fries a Great Replacement for Bread?
Waffle fries are delicious and can be used as a replacement for bread, but there are a few key differences between the two.
For example, if you’ve ever tried to hold a burger with just one hand while driving, you know it’s not easy!
Waffle fries won’t hold up as buns do, so make sure everyone in your car is ready to eat before starting this adventure.
If you don’t have time to freeze it, you can also leave the meat out at room temperature for about 4 hours before refrigerating it. This will give any bacteria present on the meat’s surface a chance to die off before refrigeration.
What Are Waffle Fry Sliders?
A waffle fry slider is a small hamburger served on waffle fries as a bun. It usually consists of ground beef but can also be made with other meats or vegetarian-friendly versions. They’re often served with toppings like cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
The slider has been around for a long time, but it was popularized in the 1990s by fast food restaurants like McDonald’s and Burger King. Now you can find them at many other places like diners, bars, and even fine dining establishments.
Do I Have to Use Frozen French Fries for Waffle Fry Sliders?
The answer to this question is no. You can use fresh potatoes for these waffle fries, but you may not get the same results.
Waffle fries are made by cutting potatoes into wedges and then deep frying them until they have a crispy outside and soft inside. A key ingredient in making these fries is the potato itself. If you don’t use the right type of potato, your fries won’t turn out as well.
You can make waffle fries from any type of potato, but the best results will come from Idaho potatoes or russet potatoes. These potatoes have more starch than other varieties, making them ideal for making waffle fries. They also have fewer sugars which means that they won’t burn as quickly as other types of potatoes do when they’re fried in oil.
Freshly harvested potatoes are great because they’re still full of nutrients and vitamins that help give them their unique flavor and texture, but if you want to make perfect waffle fries every time, you need to freeze them before cooking them. This allows all of those extra nutrients to leach out into the water while they’re being preserved so that when they’re cooked, it doesn’t affect their taste or appearance at all!
How Do You Cook The Beef for Your Waffle Fry Sliders?
You can cook the beef in a skillet or a pot on the stovetop. If you use a skillet, cooking over medium heat will give you ample time to cook your meat to your liking without letting it dry out or burn.
If you are using a pot, use low heat and be careful not to overcook or add too much seasoning. Always make sure that your beef is fully cooked through before adding any additional ingredients!
Can I Add Extra Toppings To Waffle Fry Sliders?
Yes! You can add any toppings you like to these waffle fry sliders. Just like with the burger, you can add cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and onion. But if you want something different, try adding ketchup or mustard for a little extra flavor.
The possibilities for these waffle fry sliders are endless. You can add whatever toppings you want to make them your own. Just remember to keep the meat and cheese ratio about the same as in a regular slider so that it stays light and delicious!
What is The Best Way to Store Leftover Meat from my Waffle Fry Sliders?
You can store the meat in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you don’t plan on using it within that time frame, it’s best to freeze it.
For best results, flash freezes small meat sections and then transfer them to a freezer bag or container while still frozen. The frozen meat will keep well for up to 1 year at 0 degrees F (-18 degrees C).
How Long Does the Meat Last?
The meat will last in the refrigerator for five to seven days. After that, you’ll choose to freeze it or throw it out. The freezer is a better option here because if you freeze it correctly, you can use the meat as an ingredient in other recipes without defrosting it first, and there’s no need to refrigerate any leftovers.
To freeze the meat properly, wrap each individual serving tightly with plastic wrap and then seal it in a freezer-safe bag or container before placing it back in the freezer at 0°F (-18°C).
If you want to store the entire batch at once (which will make thawing easier), place each portion into separate bags/containers and label them accordingly; then add all of them back together into one big bag/container for easy storage later on.
Once frozen, foods can stay fresh for up to 12 months as long as they’re kept below 0°F (-18°C).
Can I Freeze Leftover Meat?
Yes! It’s okay to freeze your leftover meat, but make sure that it’s properly packaged and stored. You want to be sure the meat is completely cooled before freezing, so don’t put the frozen waffles on top of warm waffle fries (you don’t want cross-contamination!).
The best way to store leftovers is in a freezer-safe container or bag with all the air removed. Once you have finished eating your meal and have decided that you have had enough waffle fries for one day, place them back into their original bag or container and put them in the fridge until tomorrow morning when they need to be used again.
This will save time prepping for breakfast during lunchtime tomorrow, so everything will be nice and fresh when it comes out of the oven!
Considerations For Waffle Fry Sliders | 5+ Ways
Here are a few considerations or tips to keep in mind while cooking delicious waffle fry sliders at home.
- Make sure the waffle fries are hot and crispy. They should be crunchy on the outside with a soft middle. If they’re not, pop them back in the oven until they are.
- Make sure the meat is cooked through before starting the assembly of your sliders. You can use any kind of meat you like; grilled or baked meat works great! Just make sure it’s cooked through before slicing it up into bite-sized pieces.
- Make sure the cheese is melted by this point, too! If you’re using American cheese slices, just throw them in under the broiler for about 10 seconds per side (depending on how many slices) until they’ve gotten all melty and gooey looking (this step will take longer if you’re using slices of cheddar or jack).
- Once everything is ready, it’s time to assemble your sliders! Grab a roll from your bread basket, open it up and place a few slices of cheese on each side. Next comes the meat; lay down about 3-4 pieces of cooked meat per slider or a patty if you have made one.
- Top those with some waffle fries (about 2-3 per slider), and sprinkle on some meaty bits if you have any leftovers from breakfast!
What Do You Put On a Waffle Slider?
Some people like waffle sliders, plain and simple, with just cheese, sauce, and meat (or no meat at all). Others prefer to add their own spin by adding veggies or even experimenting with different types of bread.
If you want to be traditional, go for American cheese melted over the top of the patty in place of regular cheddar; it melts better and provides an extra boost of creaminess that pairs perfectly with spicy ketchup. You could also try another type of sauce, such as chipotle mayo or buffalo wing sauce, if you’re feeling adventurous!
The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating delicious waffle slider combos: remember that whatever combination you choose will only work best if each component is prepared well by following directions precisely so that nothing gets soggy!
How Do You Keep The Sauce from Soaking into The Waffle Fries (Bun)?
There are several ways to keep the sauce from soaking into the waffle fries bun.
- Use a basting brush to apply the sauce. The bristles of a basting or pastry brush are porous, which helps prevent the sauce from getting soaked into the dough or falling off when you flip them over in your hands.
- Use a squeeze bottle to apply the sauce. Squeeze bottles have an automatic pump mechanism that lets you control how much comes out at once, which can help you avoid too much slippage while eating.
- Use a pastry brush if you’re feeling fancy and don’t mind spending money on something that’s probably not as versatile as a bottle (unless your kitchen is full of fancy brushes).
Can You Prepare The Chicken for Waffle Fry Sliders Beforehand?
You can prepare the chicken ahead of time, but don’t add sauce until just before cooking. If you do so, it will become soggy and gross.
Don’t add cheese to the chicken until just before cooking. If you do so, it will also become soggy and gross. Don’t add bacon until just before cooking, or else it will get too crispy and crunchy on one side only; that’s not very appetizing!
Best Waffle Maker To Make Great Waffle Fry Sliders
If you want to make great waffle fry sliders, there are a few considerations that must be taken into account.
You’ll need the right equipment for making these delicious treats: preferably a waffle iron with removable plates so that they’re easier to clean after each batch has been cooked.
If possible, choose an electric model with temperature control settings so that you can customize how hot it gets when making each batch of waffles; otherwise, try using a stove top model instead so that everything stays at an even temperature throughout cooking time (you could also invest in some kitchen gloves!)
That’s it! You now have a recipe for making waffle fry sliders. The best part is that these can be made quickly and easily by just using some simple ingredients that you may already have at home.
Skillet Pan | Amazon Basics