Tuna and waffles are both popular foods, but most people have never tried the two together. You’ll be surprised at how great they taste. This recipe is quick, easy, and utterly delicious. Tuna and waffles go great together. The best part is that it is easy to make.
Let’s get to the point, wondering how to make these delicious Tuna & Waffles. Check out the quick recipe.
Tuna And Waffles [Quick Recipe]
- 1/2 cup flour (65 g)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder (baking powder)
- 75g shredded cheese (You can use grated cheddar cheese as well)
- 1 tuna can (170g plain, drained)
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup melted butter (30g)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I used wholegrain mustard)
- 1 cup milk (250 mL)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cheese, tuna, and herbs in a mixing basin.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the egg and mustard.
- To get a smooth batter, whisk in the milk.
- Mix in the melted butter until smooth.
- Bake until brown in a preheated, greased waffle iron.
- Serve hot or cold with a tartar sauce or tomato salad.
How Can You Make Tuna Cakes With Waffle Maker?
Tuna cakes are a great choice for a quick and delicious meal. Tuna cakes are easy to make, and you can use any canned tuna you prefer. The best part about these tasty treats is that they can be made in just minutes using your waffle maker!
What You’ll Need [Ingredients]
- 1 can of tuna (or more if desired)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
How To Make Tuna Cakes?
- Open the can of tuna and drain any liquid accumulated in the can.
- Place the drained tuna into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, and paprika if desired.
- Mix well with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated together well.
- The mixture should be slightly lumpy but not too dry or wet.
- If it seems too dry, add more milk until it has the right consistency for forming patties or cakes on your waffle iron.
How To Make Tuna Pocket Crepes And Waffles?
There are many recipes for tuna pocket crepes. This is one of the easiest and most common ways to use them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk or water (or both)
- 2 tbsp melted butter (optional)
- Start by preparing the batter for the crepes.
- Mix together milk, flour, egg, and salt in a bowl until there are no lumps.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now prepare the batter for the waffles by mixing together milk, flour, eggs, sugar, and salt in a separate bowl until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes as well.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat with some oil or butter (for the crepes) or spray some oil on a waffle iron (for the waffles).
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto your pan (or into your waffle iron) and swirl around until there is an even layer of batter on top.
- Cook until browned on one side, flip over, and cook until browned on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Remove from pan onto a wire rack to cool down before serving with tuna filling inside!
How To Make Combination Of Tuna And Potato Waffles?
So, this recipe you can make for breakfast or lunch. It’s very easy, it’s very delicious, and it’s also very quick to make.
And the best part about this is that you don’t need to spend much time in the kitchen to make this dish. So, you can have a quick and easy meal for yourself or for your family on busy days.
Tuna and potato waffles is a combination of tuna fish and waffles that makes for an awesome breakfast or lunch meal. You get the taste of both the ingredients together in one bowl which makes it even more delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup olive oil/butter/ghee, melted (or a combination)
- 1 small potato, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup tuna packed in water, drained, and flaked
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. In another bowl whisk together the milk, egg, and oil until combined.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t over-mix). Stir in the potato flakes and tuna.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to let the batter thicken up some more before cooking waffles on your waffle iron according to instructions.
How Can You Make Tuna Patties In The Waffle Maker?
A lot of people love tuna patties. They are easy to make, delicious, and can be served with any side dish. If you want to serve your family this delicious meal but don’t have enough time to cook it, you should try making them in the waffle maker. This way you will have a delicious meal that everyone will love in just a few minutes.
If you want to serve your family this delicious meal but don’t have enough time to cook it, you should try making them in the waffle maker. This way you will have a delicious meal that everyone will love in just a few minutes.
- 1 can tuna (in water) drained
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions (usually about 4 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the patties in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Once the waffle maker is hot (it should be smoking), drop 1/4 cup of batter into each indentation of your waffle maker. Don’t worry if they look messy — they will come together as they cook!
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Don’t burn yourself by sticking your finger in there to check oneness!
Tuna and waffles is a versatile dish that can be modified in many different ways to suit your taste preferences or dietary needs.
Here are some variations to try:
Flavors and Toppings
- Try adding different herbs or spices to the tuna mixture, such as garlic, paprika, or dill.
- Add some texture by mixing in chopped celery or pickles.
- Experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or feta.
- Top the waffles with sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, or chopped scallions.
- Swap out the white flour in the waffle batter for whole wheat or almond flour for a healthier option.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise to reduce the fat content of the tuna mixture.
- Add some extra veggies to the dish by topping the waffles with sliced cucumber or roasted bell peppers.
- Use a non-stick cooking spray instead of butter or oil to reduce the calorie count of the waffles.
- Make mini waffles and turn the dish into a fun appetizer for a party.
- Make the tuna mixture with canned salmon or sardines for a different flavor profile.
- Spread a layer of hummus or guacamole on the waffles before adding the tuna mixture for an extra boost of flavor.
- Turn the dish into a sandwich by placing the tuna mixture with some lettuce and tomato between two waffles.
No matter how you modify your tuna and waffles, this dish will surely be a crowd-pleaser. Experiment with different flavors and toppings to find your favorite variation, and don’t be afraid to get creative with the classic recipe.
Why Should You Try the Weird And Amazing Combination Of Tuna Fish And Waffles?
It’s time to give a break to your taste buds and try out this weird combination of tuna fish and waffles. The traditional breakfast dish can be an amazing combination of two different kinds of food you wouldn’t expect to taste good together.
Tuna fish is one of the best protein sources, which is why it’s so popular among fitness enthusiasts. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, essential for healthy body function.
Waffles are a tasty treat that can be eaten almost anything, but they’re especially great with butter, syrup, or whipped cream. They’re soft and fluffy, which makes them perfect for serving as a substitute for bread or rice in many dishes!
The combination of tuna fish and waffles is surprisingly delicious when eaten together; you’ll have no problem getting your daily dose of protein if you eat this strange breakfast combo every day!
Nutritious Benefits Of Tuna And Fish
This meal is ideal for active women. Here are a few highlights:
- Protein-rich: Each serving (two small waffles + topping) has 29 grams of high-quality protein. Protein keeps you satisfied after meals and aids in muscle repair and regeneration.
- Natural omega-3 source: These healthy fats are important in heart health and cognitive wellness and may even help endurance athletes perform better (source). Blue Harbor canned tuna is a convenient, shelf-stable source of omega-3 fatty acids that is wonderful to keep on hand – whether for this dish or another!
- Potassium is an important mineral for muscle and nerve contractions and blood pressure regulation. Athletes lose a little potassium via sweat, so ensure you receive plenty daily. This meal delivers 19% of your daily potassium needs in one serving.
- Vitamin D: This dish has 12% of your daily Vitamin D needs, making it an excellent addition to your diet plan. According to some studies (source), vitamin D may be implicated in exercise performance and its involvement in bone health and immunity, according to some surveys (source).
The combination of tuna and waffles has been gaining popularity over the years because of its delicious taste and health benefits. This dish is perfect for those who want to try something new and exciting but don’t want to sacrifice their health at the same time.
Tuna fish is rich in nutrients and vitamins that can help prevent certain diseases such as cancer. Eating this meal regularly can also help you lose weight because tuna contains protein which makes you feel full longer than other foods do.
Best Thin Waffle Maker | Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker