Are you looking to take better care of your dog? If so, you should look at our dog waffles pet food recipe. When prepared with the right ingredients, dog waffles are all-natural and nutritious.
This formula has been tested and veterinarian-approved, meaning you can rest easy knowing it’s safe and effective. This article will outline the best ingredients and how to prepare them into a tasty dog waffle.
Here you go with a quick and yummy recipe for your doggo!
Make Dog Waffles At Home [Quick Guide]
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-natural unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain Greek yogurt
- Toppings: 2 eggs, separated blueberries, strawberries, and bananas (Optional)
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a small mixing basin, combine the flour and baking powder. Place aside.
- Mix apple sauce, coconut oil, yogurt, and egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl. Incorporate the dry mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites until firm. Fold gently into the batter.
- Because this dog waffle batter is thicker than regular waffle batter, use a knife to distribute it on the preheated waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Allow cooling before serving your dog with your preferred toppings!
How To Make Pumpkin Dog Waffles?
This is a great recipe for those who have dogs and want to treat them with some special food. This recipe is simple and easy to follow so that you can make Pumpkin Dog Waffles every day at home.
Pumpkin Dog Waffles [Quick Recipe]
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk (or water)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Make sure there are no lumps left.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken up a little more.
- Then pour the batter into hot waffle iron and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- If you don’t have a waffle maker at home, don’t worry because you can use any other flat surface like an iron or a pan!
- You can also top these delicious treats with anything you want, like peanut butter, syrup, or cream cheese!
How To Make Dog Waffles Snacks?
If you have a dog, you know they are picky regarding treats. They will eat anything and everything, but most of the time, they won’t eat their own food. This meal is very easy to make, and it only takes about 10 minutes for the whole process.
Waffle Snacks For Dogs [Quick Recipe]
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven/waffle iron to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until they are fully combined and there are no lumps left in the batter.
- Pour this mixture into a greased baking sheet or pan and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- After cooking, let them cool off before giving them to your dog, so they don’t burn their tongues!
How To Make Corn Dog Waffles?
Corn dog waffles are a unique and fun way to serve your family breakfast. They’re easy to make, and the whole family will love them.
Corn Dog Waffles [Quick Recipe]
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 package corn muffin mix
- 1 big egg
- 1 cup soured cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chives
- For dipping, ketchup, and mustard
- Preheat your waffle maker. Meanwhile, combine the corn muffin mix, egg, and sour cream in a large mixing dish. Stir in the cheddar and chives until equally incorporated.
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, then across, and insert a skewer into each piece.
- Spread half of the batter onto the waffle iron. Place hot dogs on top, then cover with the remaining batter.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for 4 minutes, or until the waffle is cooked through.
- Remove the waffle with care.
- For dipping, serve with ketchup and mustard.
How To Make Hot Dog Waffles?
Hot dog waffles are a delicious and easy way to spice up your breakfast. You can make them with or without hot dogs, and you can even add condiments if you like.
They’re easy to make, but they do take some time because they cook in the waffle iron. Make sure you read the instructions carefully before starting, so you know exactly how long to cook them for.
Hot Dog Waffles [Quick Recipe]
- 1 bag of frozen Belgian waffles, toasted and cut in half
- 1 bag of hot dogs (we used beef)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk (any type will work)
Optional toppings: ketchup, mustard, relish.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Slice a hot dog into 1/4-inch slices, and then cut each slice into quarters. You should end up with 12 pieces of hot dog per hot dog. (This will be easier if you use precut hot dogs.)
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread and place one piece butter side down into your waffle iron, then top it with three pieces of hot dog and another slice of bread, butter side up.
- Close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
How To Make Grain-Free Dog Waffles?
The best thing about those homemade grain-free dog waffles is that they are a great alternative to commercial food. You can use them as treats or even as main meals. You can also combine them with other ingredients.
Grain-Free Dog Waffles [Quick Recipe]
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of water or milk (use water for dogs with food sensitivities to dairy)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, add to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a waffle maker sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and cook according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve warm with your choice of toppings.
Why Is This the Best Recipe for Dog Waffles?
These homemade dog waffles are less costly than store-bought versions and include fewer ingredients. You may create them using materials that your dog like (they are super easy to customize). They are not only less expensive than store-bought, but they are also better for your dog.
The basic components provide several nutritional advantages to your dog. Because it smells so nice, your dog will most likely become hungry while they are cooking!
Why Make Dog Waffles?
Making handmade waffles ensures that you are providing your dog with all-natural treats that are healthful, healthy, and dog-friendly. There are no unknown components in store-bought dog waffles. It’s a delightful way for your dog to have their special meal. You may also make them as large or as little as you need.
If you wish to produce more than one small waffle at a time, use a regular-size waffle machine.
Toppings For Dog Waffles
What can you add to waffles to offer your dog their unique morning treat? You may provide your dog with these waffles with a choice of toppings. Because of the extra dairy fat and sugar, it’s preferable not to top them with butter and syrup.
- Applesauce (unsweetened)
- Apples (chopped)
- Berries (blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries)
- SunButter or natural unsweetened peanut butter
- Slices of ripe banana
- Canine Whipped Cream
Size of Dog Waffle Serving
How many waffles should you feed your dog all at once? That is determined by the amount of food you provided your pet that day and the size of your dog. Large dogs can eat more than tiny and toy-type dogs. Treats should be included in your dog’s calorie diet daily. Make sure you do not exceed the dosage advised for your dog.
Dogs should not be given too many goodies, especially these delicious dog waffle treats. As a result, Experts recommend giving your spoiled hound one daily or a fraction of one if you have a little dog. However, you may use your best judgment to determine how many rewards are appropriate for your dog.
Best Thin Waffle Maker | Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker