Are you tired, weary, and sleepy? Or are you craving something sweet? There’s a waffle just for you! Coffee Waffles have just the right combination of flavors that’ll perk you up and put a smile on your face. Get it? This isn’t your ordinary waffle.
Coffee Belgian Waffles are an addicting treat that can be eaten anytime. Coffee Waffles have a buttery dough with a hint of coffee, are covered in sugar, and are ready to lick!
We have what you crave whenever you are in the mood to indulge in a sweet dessert. Coffee Waffles are a mouth-watering delicacy that has attracted food lovers from all over. It has been selling like hotcakes over the years and always pleasing consumers.
Coffee Waffles Recipe
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup French Vanilla creamer (optional, if not using creamer, add ¼ cup milk and 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. brewed coffee cooled
- Ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- Heat the electric waffle iron to 200 degrees and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg, creamer, and coffee in a medium bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients; whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Before cooking a waffle in your mist waffle iron, lightly grease it with cooking spray. Use about 1 cup of batter for the best results. Close the lid and let cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Place finished waffles directly on the rack in the oven to maintain a warm temperature.
- Allow the waffle iron to heat up for a minute, then cook the remaining batter.
- Mist the iron with cooking spray between batches, and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
Variations of Coffee Waffles Recipe
Coffee waffle variations can be as simple or complex as possible. One easy way to switch up the recipe is by adding some chocolate chips or cocoa powder for a mocha twist.
You can also try adding in some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for a fall-inspired flavor or swap out the coffee for espresso powder or matcha powder for a different kind of caffeine kick.
If you’re looking for something more decadent, you can top your coffee waffles with whipped cream, caramel sauce, or even ice cream for a coffee-inspired dessert. You can also add some chopped nuts or dried fruit to give the waffles texture and extra flavor.
For those with dietary restrictions, a few modifications can be made to the coffee waffles recipe. You can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour for gluten-free options. You can also use dairy-free milk or a plant-based butter substitute for a vegan option.
If you want to reduce the sugar content of the recipe, you can swap some of the sugar for natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. You can also experiment with different kinds of flour, such as almond or oat flour, to make the waffles more nutrient-dense.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and toppings, and keep in mind that plenty of modifications can be made to accommodate dietary restrictions. So go ahead and give your coffee waffles a personal touch, and enjoy a delicious and energizing breakfast or brunch.
Waffles are a great breakfast food, and the recipe provided here may help you save time and store well. You will have time in the morning to have delicious waffles with your coffee!
This coffee waffles recipe is interesting because it shows how you can take a relatively mundane food, like waffles, and turn it into something unique. In this case, coffee and waffle collide to create a treat that will leave you begging for more!
Best Stainless Steel Waffle Maker | Cuisinart Double Belgian Waffle Maker