Immensely popular, chocolate waffles have become a favourite comfort food recipe for people worldwide. The end product is remarkably light and fluffy and has more than enough cocoa to compensate for the classic buttery taste. As a result of such delectable taste, this recipe truly deserves to be called “ultimate.”
Chocolate oat waffles are a quick-to-make and healthy comfort food recipe that every chocolate lover will appreciate. The waffles have a chocolate flavour from the cocoa powder, and you can add toppings or sauces to customize them.
Chocolate Oat Waffles Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients, beginning with the oat flour and ending with the salt.
- Mix together all wet ingredients, from the non-dairy milk to the vanilla, in a separate mixing dish.
- If the melted coconut oil freezes after coming into contact with the cooled milk or banana, microwave the mixture for a few seconds.
- Mix the wet and dry materials together until they are barely blended.
- If required, spray your preheated waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- This recipe will yield two huge, round waffles. It would most likely yield 3-4 thinner, square waffles.
- Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, and chocolate chips while still warm!
How To Make Chocolate Banana Oat Waffles?
These Chocolate Banana Oat Waffles are easy to make, vegan, and gluten-free. They are also high in protein, low in sugar, and have no added fat!
These Chocolate Banana Oat Waffles are a healthy breakfast treat that is perfect for people who follow a plant-based diet. If you don’t like bananas, no worries you can use any fruit of your choice. You can use frozen banana slices for these waffles because they add natural sweetness and moisture to the batter.
Topping your waffles with dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs will add even more antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats to this recipe.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1-quart almond milk
- 1 pound cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP chopped chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coat your waffle machine with cooking spray and preheat it.
- Place the bananas in a mixing basin and mash them.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until uniformly distributed.
- Cook the waffles until gently browned in the waffle machine, then serve with maple syrup or your favourite waffle toppings.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Oat Waffles?
Oats And Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe: Sweet, simple, and extremely fast sugar-free waffles! This one is sure to satisfy.
- 1 pound rolled oats
- 1 pound sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon refined flour 3/4 cup sugar replacement
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Milk (as required)
- 2 tbsp melted butter (+for greasing)
- 1 cup dry roasted oats, cooled and ground to a fine powder
- Sift the flour and sugar substitute into a mixing bowl one at a time.
- Mix in the oats powder, baking powder, and remaining oats.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the milk gradually until a smooth batter forms.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips well.
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Grease the pan with butter, pour in the batter, cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the waffle maker and set aside on a serving platter. 6. Repeat with the remaining waffles.
- Cut each waffle into little squares and serve with maple syrup immediately.
What Are The Best Chocolate Waffles?
The best chocolate waffles are the ones that you make yourself. But if you’re looking for a shortcut, there are a few excellent brands.
Here’s what we found when we tried out a bunch of different chocolate waffle mixes:
- The best chocolate waffles have a crisp outside and a soft inside. The edges get nice and crispy while the inside stays soft and fluffy. These waffles should be light and airy enough to eat just on their own or with eggs and sausage at breakfast, or as a dessert with ice cream and whipped cream for dessert.
- The best chocolate waffles are made from scratch with simple ingredients like flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda, and salt. They tend to use natural ingredients like cane sugar instead of corn syrup or high fructose syrup (HFCS). They also tend to use real cocoa powder instead of artificial flavorings.
- Some brands include ingredients such as soy lecithin (which helps prevents separation) or guar gum (which helps prevent clumping). Others don’t include any extra ingredients at all.
- It’s important not to over-mix the batter so it doesn’t become tough once cooked in the iron skillet or waffle iron.
How To Make Chocolate Sauce For Waffles?
Chocolate sauce for waffles is a deliciously sweet treat that can be made in minutes. It’s also great to use leftover chocolate syrup from an ice cream sundae or malt.
Chocolate sauce for waffles is made with just three ingredients: chocolate syrup, water, and butter. The butter helps thicken the sauce and adds a bit of richness, but it can be left out if you prefer.
To make a chocolate sauce for waffles, you simply heat up the ingredients together until they’re completely melted and smooth. The resulting sauce will be thick enough to spread on waffles, but thin enough that it won’t drip off your fork when you take a bite.
It may also be eaten warm or chilled straight from the refrigerator later on in the day.
How To Serve Chocolate Waffles?
There are a lot of ways to eat chocolate waffles. You can top them with ice cream or whipped cream and some sprinkles. You can use them as an ingredient in your favorite cookie recipe or cake. Or you can just eat them plain with a little butter and syrup on top.
But there’s one thing that all of these ways have in common: they require you to cut the waffles into small pieces before serving them. This is because chocolate waffles aren’t like regular ones that can be eaten whole. Due to their unique texture and density, they don’t taste great when eaten in large chunks (unless you’re making a sandwich).
So if you want to serve chocolate waffles at home, here are some tips on how to do it properly.
- Cut your chocolate waffle into small pieces before serving it. This will allow everyone at the table to enjoy their share of your delicious dessert!
- Top your chocolate waffle with whipped cream and sprinkles for sweetness and color!
How To Make Chocolate Belgian Waffles?
Make this Belgian chocolate waffle recipe for breakfast this weekend. You and your loved ones are bound to love it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk (recommended: 2% milk)
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the waffle maker. Before putting the batter inside, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing basin. Make a well in the center with the back of a spoon. Place aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a small bowl. Whisk in the butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and whisk until combined. Make sure not to over-mix the batter since it should be lumpy.
- Cook the waffles until they are golden and slightly crispy on a preheated waffle iron. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Waffles?
Vegan Chocolate Waffles are a sweet treat that you can make for breakfast or dessert. These vegan chocolate waffle recipes will satisfy any chocolate craving and improve your day.
These vegan chocolate waffles are made with all the ingredients you would normally find in a traditional recipe, but with adding some extra chocolate. The best part about these vegan chocolate waffles is that they are made from scratch and don’t require any weird ingredients.
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your morning meal, these delicious vegan chocolate waffles are just what you need. They can be served with fresh fruit, syrup, or even eaten plain.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, organic
- A quarter cup of sugar (organic pure cane, coconut, date, raw, or monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 tbsp. Baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil or room temperature coconut oil
- A tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the nondairy milk, oil, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron, shut it, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes (or according to the manufacturer’s recommendations). Remove the waffles gently and serve immediately. Waffles can alternatively be kept warm in a preheated oven at 200 degrees F, on a cookie sheet, until all waffles are cooked.
- To serve, drizzle pure maple syrup over the waffles. Pairs well with fresh sliced strawberries, but any seasonal berry will do. Try this Nut Butter Maple Syrup for something different.
- Makes two Belgian waffles or four normal waffles if using a traditional waffle machine.
How To Make Chocolate Whole Wheat Waffles?
This is how you can make chocolate whole wheat waffles.
- 1 pound whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- A half teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, dark
- 1 big gently beaten egg
- In a large mixing basin, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Incorporate the cocoa powder until smooth. Allow the milk to warm slightly before whisking in.
- Incorporate the flour mixture with the melted butter/chocolate/milk combination. Incorporate the beaten egg until just blended. The batter will have a lumpy texture.
- The waffle iron should be heated and waffles should be cooked according to waffle iron directions.
How To Make Dark Chocolate Waffle Cones?
Waffle cones are a great way to serve ice cream and other desserts. You can make them at home, or buy them in the store. However, if you want to make a special dessert for your family, friends, or coworkers, you might want to try making waffle cones yourself.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted genuine butter
- 1 cup of flour
- Two tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat the waffle cone maker. 1 minute after beating the eggs and sugar together, combine with the melted butter.
- Before mixing in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, softly whisk them together with a whisk. Mix in the vanilla and milk.
- Cook until done with 2-3 teaspoons (depending on your waffle press). 12-15 big cones are produced.
These waffles are packed with fiber, protein, and whole grains making them a great breakfast choice for anyone watching their weight or trying to eat healthier meals. The addition of chocolate chips also means they’re sure to please even the pickiest eaters in your family.
Cuisinart Double Belgian Waffle Maker | Best Stainless Steel Waffle Maker