Banana waffles are a great way to start your day! These delicious waffles are made with three simple ingredients and taste amazing. They are also gluten-free so that they can be enjoyed by everyone in the family.
Waffles are a favorite breakfast food for many people. They offer plenty of carbs and protein, making them ideal for fueling your body before you head out for a workout or work. Many people enjoy their waffles with maple syrup or fruit toppings.
These waffles only require three main ingredients: eggs, milk, and bananas.
You can use any milk that you like, but whole milk will give them more flavor than skim milk or almond milk would. If you don’t have any bananas on hand, you can easily substitute them with applesauce or pumpkin purée (in equal amounts). The choice is up to you!
Quick Guide To Make Banana Waffles
- 2 eggs and 1/4 cup egg white for fluffiness
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Blend the eggs, egg whites, and banana in a blender or with a hand blender. Do you lack a blender? No issue, just mash till a thick batter forms.
- Blend in the coconut flour until completely smooth.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
- Preheat a waffle maker to medium-high heat. Coat with vegan butter or spread.
- Pour the batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings or place on a cooling rack to cool.
- If you wish to freeze it later, store it in zip-top bags or a freezer-friendly container.
If you have food allergies to the ingredients listed in this recipe, you can try the following substitutions:
- Coconut flour: 1 cup of almond flour or 3/4 cup of oat flour. Note that these swaps will alter the taste and texture of the waffles.
- Banana: Same amount of mashed sweet potato or unsweetened applesauce.
- Egg-free: If you need to make this recipe egg-free, it’s important to note that it won’t work with egg replacers.
What is Waffle Batter Made Of?
Waffle batter is made from a simple combination of flour, sugar and eggs.
Eggs create a fluffy texture for the waffles, while flour and sugar work together to create a crisp outer layer. The milk helps to impart a soft inside that’s perfect for soaking up syrup or butter.
If you’ve never made waffles before but want to try it, the above discussed recipe will be your best bet!
How Do You Make a Delicious Waffle?
- Add the ingredients in the right order.
- Use a great waffle maker.
- Use a non-stick spray on your waffle iron.
- Add enough batter for one waffle at a time, but not more than that—most electric waffle irons can only fit about ¾ cup of batter at once, so overfilling it will just cause overflow issues (and possibly damage to your appliance).
- Don’t open the lid too soon: waiting until all the steam has escaped from inside will give you crispier edges and fewer soggy centers!
- Don’t move it around before it’s done: if you wait until all sides have cooked before flipping or rotating, then you’ll get even golden brown coloration!
What Makes a Good Waffle?
A good waffle is crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and should have that unique waffle shape. A bad waffle is wet and soggy; it’s not cooked evenly or tastes like a pancake.
To make a perfect waffle, you must know how to cook them properly:
- Use high-quality batter
- Preheat your griddle or pan before cooking (this makes sure they’ll be cooked evenly)
- Cook until golden brown on each side (it’ll take at least 4 minutes per side)
Related: How To Use a Waffle Maker?
Why Do You Have To Add Egg To Waffle Mix?
An egg is an excellent ingredient for waffles.
Egg is a good protein source, making the waffles crispy. It also helps bind the ingredients together so that they become fluffy and easy to cook while improving the taste of the waffle itself. Eggs are also very beneficial to growing children, especially if they do not eat enough meat or other protein foods in their diet.
Related: How to Make Waffles and Eggs?
Is It Better To Use Milk or Water in a Waffle Mix?
The main difference between milk and water is the richness of flavor. Milk has more fat than water, giving your waffles a richer taste than just water. On the other hand, if you want your waffle to be lighter and fluffier—since there are fewer bubbles in the batter—use water instead of milk.
Related: How To Make Waffles Without Milk? [Waffle Recipe No Milk]
How To Use The Best Waffle Maker To Make Banana Waffles?
To make the best banana waffles, you need a good waffle maker. A good waffle maker will make your batter spread evenly and cook to a crispy golden brown. A bad waffle maker will not spread the batter properly, leaving you with undercooked or burnt edges.
Next, you need quality flour, baking powder and bananas that are ripe but not too soft or over-ripe (they will get mushy when mixed with milk).
The third ingredient that makes these banana waffles so delicious is using an egg in the batter instead of just milk (eggs also help bind ingredients together).
Waffles are a delicious, easy-to-make breakfast item. They can be made with a variety of ingredients, and they are very versatile. Waffles are often eaten with syrup or fruit, but they also have other uses.
The Banana Waffles are made with 3 ingredients and have only one net carb per serving! These waffles are quick and delicious, and you don’t have to spend hours and hours in the kitchen attempting to make a perfect waffle. The perfect snack or complement to your morning coffee!
Cuisinart Belgian Maker with Pancake Plates Waffle Iron